To recommit myself to another seven days of running, I thought it'd be a good idea to talk about food (obviously), and share my favorite breakfasts! And I promise there's no pork roll. That I save for the Jersey shore along with cream filled donuts.
1. Mama Pea's Gluten-Free Almond Blueberry Pancakes (see how good they look?!)
2. The Healthy Everythingtarian's Monster Cookie Pancakes
3. The Healthy Everythingtarian's Banana Custard Oats (sub peanut butter for Speculoos and your life is made)
4. Stuft Mama Cinnamon Pear Stuftwich (or any version of the Stuftwich)
5. Stuft Mama 3 Minute Microwave Muffin
6. Stuft Mama No Grain Pumpkin Microwave Muffin
7. Pepper Lynn's Overnight Oats
8. FAGE yogurt (read about my FAGE ♡ here), but especially with fresh fruit and this granola from Poires au Chocolat
9. Baked sweet potato slathered in almond butter, pecans, raisins, and maple syrup
10. Bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel. (This never happens in France, but it needed to be on the list.)
What are YOUR favorite breakfasts? Tell me, tell me! I could use a few more fruits and veggies in my morning routine :)
Here's my HBBC recap and plan for this week.
Monday: 5k treadmill + cross training (morning)
---> Had a really blah run on the treadmill and then did about 15 minutes of strength training instead of cross training. Weak sauce. Totally unmotivated.
Tuesday: REST (I'm going to Champagne with school and then Florence and the Machine! woohoo x 10!)
---> I loved knowing I didn't have a workout on the schedule. It made the days I did have workouts that much easier.
Wednesday: 8.5-10k depending (morning)
---> Switched it up and did an night session with a new running group, yay! The ladies I met were really friendly and having them to talk to made the kilometers fly by. I also got in a few extra km because I ran from school to meet the group and ended up with about 15km total in the end!
Thursday: 10k track workout (morning)
---> Track was closed for school kids so my friend and I did drills on the Champs de Mars instead. Legs felt slow after the longer session the night before so I called it quits at 8km.
---> My hip flexors were screaming the entire workout. I think I may have cursed out loud in pain during the class. Oops.
Saturday: 16-17k depending on how I feel (morning/afternoon)
---> Flip flopped my Saturday and Sunday!
---> Rested Saturday and instead met up with another new running group Sunday morning. We did about 8k together and then I carried on for another 11k and ended up with my longest run this training cycle.
Dec. 2 - Dec. 9 Plan
Monday: 8.5k treadmill (evening)
Tuesday: 10k pace (TBD, maybe run home from school?)
Wednesday: 5k (morning) OR REST--TBD
Thursday: 15k run + track workout (afternoon, evening)
Friday: 5k (and Xtend Barre?)